Thursday, May 04, 2006

Joseph Turns Two


I know. You really don't want to know about my personal life beyond my favorite music, movie, books, etc. But, this could not be subdued.
My God-son, Joseph, the Golden Boy, flanked by mom and dad, turned the "Big Two" last week and as usual I was perplexed about what to do in terms of a gift.
Gift giving for kids has never been one of my strong suits and it wasn't made easier with a nephew.
The Chosen One, as I call him now since he's taken the family by storm, is at that age where he runs through toys like I run through Pepperidge Farm's Goldfish- Parmesan version... voraciously!
Anyway, since his attention span is smaller than that of a nat I decided to let my wife choose and she decided on Thomas the Train books.
They still seemed like a waste of time given his age but you tend to agree with your better half whether you want to or not. In addition to the books, I started a mutual fund in his name when he was born and just added a few more bucks hoping that will acrue greater than his collection of toys.
Happy 2nd JW!

3 comments:

Dennis Nixon said...

Happy Birthday Joseph!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Uncle E! Joseph had a fantastic second birthday! As always, completely spoiled by all of our loving family, including his God-father! :) Last week was the birthday... this week he's focused on becoming a big brother!
Love, Your Sister-in-Law Em :)

Anonymous said...

Always agree with your better half on the gifts. She is usually right.