Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Birthday Girl


Today is a special day for my family. This monumental day marks the birthday of my mother-in-law. Now, I know what some of you are thinking out there. But, that old sterotype doesn't hold true in this instance.
I could could not have asked for a better mother-in-law ('beauty in purple' standing next to her lovely daughter). She welcomed me into her family the first time we met and to this day still puts up with my personality flaws... of which I have a couple.
Now, I'm not much of a birthday celebrater but in this case I gladly make an exception. Mary Ellen is an amazing lady who is constantly giving of her time and talents. Teacher by day and mother both day and night she is constantly using those called upon talents to aid her family and friends.
Mother of two girls and one boy and oh yeah married for 32 years, she is constantly in the middle of the soap opera we all know as "our lives".
Whether making a full course meal for a holiday or consoling one of her children, she pours her heart and soul into every occurrence.
As she is in much need of a vacation, her summer respite from school and the students is almost within her reach.
In closing, Mary Ellen I pray your birthday was both entertaining and satisfying.
Your son who loves you much!

No comments: